The USP Dictionary of United States Adopted Names (USAN) and International Drug Names is a vital tool for quality control.
- Complete and submit the form (below or to the right). Please note (*) indicates required fields.
- An email containing the trial access code and instructions for accessing the USP Dictionary will be sent after submission.
With your complimentary 30-day trial, see how the USP Dictionary can help you and your organization avoid medication errors and navigate the complex world of drug naming. This leading reference helps to:
- Ensure compliance in product labeling in order to obtain new drug approval and to avoid "misbranded" products.
- Reference generic drug names for use in advertising and labeling.
- Enable filing of accurate INDs, NDAs and ANDAs.
- Avoid verbal and written medication errors in reports, correspondence, articles and package inserts.
- Group drug products into families.
- Verify names, chemical structures and compositions.